Hand-poured in the city of Buffalo roughly less than a year ago owner, architect and candle maker, Amy McGee, created what is now known as Linwood Candle Co. In the comfort of her cozy loft in the heart of the city she spent her time discovering the process of making and perfecting soy candles soon enough to grow it into a small business. As a local she has been strongly influenced by her surroundings and charismatic city that has inspired her aromatic creations!
Learn more about Linwood Candle Co:
• Most candles on the market are made with paraffin which is a toxic petroleum by-product that releases carcinogenic soot when burned.
• High quality fragrance and essential oils are used for the scents
• Soy wax wipes clean with hot soapy water.
• All candles are made with American grown soy wax
• Every candle is hand poured one at a time (slowly) this is very important because it avoids air bubbles and an even pour. 100% patience, attention and meticulous craftsmanship in every candle.
• Cotton core wicks (no harmful lead wicks used!)
• Absolutely no harmful cancer-causing Phthalates are used in the fragrances.
List of Fragrances:
- Vanilla Sandalwood(creamy vanilla and warm amber which mingle with oak moss and sandalwood, anchored by patchouli and musk)
- Oakmoss & Amber(rich, woody base notes with herb and amber top notes)
- Sweet Grapefruit(ripe, tangy grapefruit and mangosteen. Citrusy and sweet with a hint of peach)
- Mission Fig(earthy with a hint of sweetness – clean and sophisticated)
- Harvest (eucalyptus, juniper berries, spruce and cedar – with a hint of fresh pear and blueberries)
Linwood Candle Co Holiday:
- Pumpkin Pie(creamy pumpkin pie, pecans- with a hint of spice)
- Firewood (an exuberant herbal infusion that begins with top notes of herbaceous pine, balsam, and citrus bergamot; leading to middle notes of white flowers and earthy sandalwood; sitting on base notes of woodsy patchouli and violet)
- Empire Apple (fresh, picked right from the tree)
- Brandied Pear (juicy pear with a hint of cask aged brandy)Where you can buy Linwood Candles? Check out the following links! 🙂
Linwood Candle Co. Etsy Shop
Anna Grace Boutique (Elmwood Village—Buffalo)
- Sarah Danielle Boutique (Downtown Buffalo)
- Farmers & Artisans (Snyder, NY)